VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to fix the side strping problem when it starts to come off the side of the doors???

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Buy European side moldings. They clip on and don't fall off. 3m molding adhesive works too.

[ March 04, 2004: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by levyvr6:
I rock 3M double sided tape. Works well, and doesn't cost much!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm also a fan of the 3M tape. I used it on one of the droopy ends on my driver's side door, and on my volkswagen script badge. They both haven't budged. I got it at target in the tape area in hardware.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
get rid of it and shave it(looks good but lil bit expensive) this happend to me and i just used some super glue and i havent had a problem since

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
im shaved but ill give props for the 3m dual sided tape, i've used it many times in the past and works great.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
3m 2sided tape or a product called gorilla glue.... i used gorilla glue on mine and haven't had a single problem since. it is said to be the worlds strongest glue

·
Registered
190 Posts
yea i have that gorilla glue that shit is fuckin insane just hope u dont glue your fingers together with that shit then you really fucked

·
Registered
335 Posts
i used PC-11 as an adhesive..it's a two part epoxy that comes in a black container...basically two film canisters tied together..and then i found washers with a good thickness to use as spacers.

this is only after i tried 3M tape twice...i had problems every time i washed my car, but i also had the sidestrip come completely off, not just the tip. hope i helped.
ps- PC7 and PC11 are very PERMANENT, so be careful if you go that route...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts