VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not that i would but just out of curiousity...

would it be possible to shoehorn a W8 into a mk 4?

i saw someone on ebay trying to get rid of a W8 engine and the words GOLF and JETTA were in the tagline so i was wondering...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Anything is possible with some work, it's just a matter of how much custom fabricating you will have to do. You might have to do some work with the wheel wells and firewall to fit it in.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I saw some guy who swapped a Cadillac Northstar V8 into a Mark 2 Golf, so its definately possible with time and lots and lots of money.

That might end up being the fate of the W8 motor anyway...nobody is really buying the Passat W8...they aren't using them in the Phaeton or Touareg (Audi V8s are being used instead) and although its a good motor based on VR principles..it should be making more power than it is...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
I saw some guy who swapped a Cadillac Northstar V8 into a Mark 2 Golf, so its definately possible with time and lots and lots of money.

That might end up being the fate of the W8 motor anyway...nobody is really buying the Passat W8...they aren't using them in the Phaeton or Touareg (Audi V8s are being used instead) and although its a good motor based on VR principles..it should be making more power than it is...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe VR principles are left best on the 6 cylinder? The audi 4.2L does rock though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts