VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, im new to the forum and well, forgive my whimsical approach to modifying/decorating my car... life is too short to be serious

anyways, i drive a 2.0 golf mk4 and well.... it kicks ass and all, but i dislike the name/word golf. i'd really much rather have my car named after a fluffy rodent than a sport i dont play.

would it be THAT dumb if i were to take off the "golf" nameplate off the back and replace it with a bunch of chrome vw letters and spell out "RABBIT GL" and put the gti bunny logo on? like... i wouldnt be a gti poser cuz i wouldnt put the "gti" letters, but im sure someone will get anal about the bunny.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go for what you like. You'll find most people will nag about something being ugly if they don't like it. What many people over look (like it or not opinion) the amount of work it takes to do some mods, especially body work.

The grill I'm getting for my MKII is an old Kamei grill. Lotta people don't like it, but hey, NO one has it - so it is different and I like it.

Ya like it, ya do it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i dont think its a bad idea at all. go for it

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
you will pay about $15+shipping for the 20anni. edition badge(w/ the rabbit on it) + if you were to get 2 cabrio badges (I say 2 because you will need 2 b's), and a gti badge, you will have the letters you will need.

my opinion is I wouldnt do it. I would be too long a "phrase" for me. It would extend too far towards the center of the trunk. I like symmetry, so that would throw off the whole symetrical look. If I were you, I would do just the rabbit badge(no letters). thats my opinion--but do what you like. its your car!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey, the dub is yours...put on it what you think looks good. Then post some pics so we can give you sh!t about it. j/k (this isn't the 'tex)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
that's pretty different! i say go for it and post pics after!

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea i agree with everyone whatever u like is cool ya know...it sounds pretty sweet to me...i like the idea

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input folks... another question... are all the late model vw letters the same size? for this, i am willing to ebay up several emblems for the letters but that'd be really retarded if they wereNT all the same style and size. plus the cabrio badge looks kindve small, but im not sure.

so far the most efficient way to do this is....

1 20th anniv. gti w/bunny

2 "BORA"s RABB... wasted RAOO

1 "TDI" ...IT wasted D

if i can get just those to be uniform, id be set.

they really ought to just sell the whole alphabet.... that'd do wonders for personalization! anyone could have their name in factory looking badges!

if i do that... anyone interested in a set of chrome ROOAD and red GTI letters? lol

[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: gooberliberation ]

[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: gooberliberation ]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
with the letters left over you can spell

GOOD RITA

and if i sell the red GTI

OO RAD(oooh.... radical)

·
Registered
267 Posts
i drive a golf... and i call my car the white rabbit... nothing wrong with a rabbit badge, after all, it had to start from somewhere, i'm just to lazy right now to take off my golf and replace it with the bunny... more power to ya

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I think it would be cool. Something different...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Go for it. There's a million "look alikes" out there, so why not be original.

I'm one for doing what you want and after getting flamed to almost certain death on the 'tex... I survuved and found a better home in the end. (vwforum)

Enjoy your Dub and have fun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts