VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I sold my 1.8t the other day and picked up a VR6 today. Same year. Just ALOT cleaner. 138xxx. Timing chain, water pump, tires and brakes at 133k coilovers and body kit since then.

Vr

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels don't look right in pics. I'm loving the color in person!
I do have the stock lights for it...
Yeah this paint is original so that's a huge plus, and yes the flames were hideous. But I ignored them just to have a golf finally haha.

·
Registered
828 Posts
That paint on the 1.8t is something else.
That's reason enough for the trade imo

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't mind the lights that are in it? Lol. Think they look cheap or somethin? Haha.

I'm loving the sound of having all stock exhaust besides the muffler, but they welds the can on and didn't get the topside of course. (Smelly). And I think I may be smelling the cat. When test driving the car I thought it was the paper mill in the area. Other ideas? I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
what a huge upgrade paint wise over your other one and a vr to throw in another upgrade, headlights need to be swapped for some OEM ones, those ones are terrible

What's your plans?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
That paint on the 1.8t is something else.
That's reason enough for the trade imo
holy hell hes alive!!! :eek::eek::eek:

nice pick up on the car.. good that all the maitenance was done too.
looks like a solid base for you !

sorry but didnt like that paint on your 1.8 at all.. if it were me.. i would of rattle canned it flat black.. yes.. i know.. scene kid.. but.. still improvement.. hahahah

regardless.. congratulaions!!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
holy hell hes alive!!! :eek::eek::eek:

nice pick up on the car.. good that all the maitenance was done too.
looks like a solid base for you !

sorry but didnt like that paint on your 1.8 at all.. if it were me.. i would of rattle canned it flat black.. yes.. i know.. scene kid.. but.. still improvement.. hahahah

regardless.. congratulaions!!!
haha I know. Sold my Jetta a couple years ago, but only because I'm saving up for another. Figured I would jump back on and see whats up.
Sorry, not to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not much for plans at all..
Like the clean look so much.
So happy with the vr6. A real drivers car.
No worries guys I don't paint that crap on the 1.8. I used to call it the mexiflame lol.

I reay don't mind the headlights but I might redo the stockers for fun since I have em.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wish it came with a turbo haha. People do turbo them though depending on how much effort you want to put into it it can be done. There are a couple threads on here with people doing it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish it came with a turbo haha. People do turbo them though depending on how much effort you want to put into it it can be done. There are a couple threads on here with people doing it.
Yeah that's cool but I think the internals have to be changed for lower compression. I'm ok with it not being as fast. When it's time for another fast car it will be muscle or subaru. Haha. Right now I want reliable and enjoyable. And this is doing that just great. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts