VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of the cash went to this. Can't wait to hit the trails. And bomb some downhill.
2014 Specialized rockhopper pro evo

·
4,054 Posts
Looks awesome. Grab a gopro and a helmet mount and share some footage with us :K:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
the bike looks fun. i remember riding trails and shit with my cousins up in pittsburgh when i was younger. it was awesome living my whole life in florida

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
North park I'm guessing? It's got the most known trails in the area.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removed some safety equipment and put my primo pedals on. Probably going to shorten the seat post and change out the seat.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20 speed. It's 2x10. All Sram components, tektro hydro brakes. Rockshox solo air 120mm fork. I weighed it today. 28lbs. Want to get it around 25.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went on a little ride today after work. Seat is going to give me hemroids.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Went for a ride today. Got the strava app. Did 4.6 miles. Local battlefield near my house. Got a little muddy.
Pic is not loading right.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
It's got shocks, pegs, lucky. You ever take it off any sweet jumps. Can I try it really quick.

Jokes aside looks like a lot of fun! I have a buddy who does downhill trails says he gets going around 40mph, must need a beefy bike and nuts of titanium for that shit.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
always wanted one of those.

downhill mtn bike looks like itd be super fun. i watched the redbull challenge on netflix of it. was pretty insane.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I'm having a blast with this bike. Part of me wishes I spent a little more and got full suspension. I would be looking around $2500 then. My wife still reminds me that I spend $1500 on this one. I still want to get grips, seat, bars, maybe different tires. These can't handle hard turns when it's dry.
Little whip action gif.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts