VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....in the "MAD NOTE"'s memory...i'll post some low quality pics...a before and after too...before is the condition i first bought it as....POS...other than wheels..
i am not leaving the dub community though
only because i can't afford insurance on a 1st gen DSM

when i bought it.....

as is.....

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: VEE-DUBBER ]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drove it for the last time ever probably tonight
oh my god i cannot live with myself swtiching to a MK3 2.0 8v. http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/view/vdetail.jtmpl?productWebsite=cottagelakemotors&dealer_id=1366804&car_id=109980334?&ac_afflt=none&mis=IVNLBDLNDS59
theres the car i'm gonna look at. high miles, but it is a 96. it must be 45 degrees outside tonight, and the gti was pulling sooooo hard. just wish it had a good clutch in there...oh well...money for the new owner to spend
i will miss the "Mad Note" dearly.
plans for the MK3........... turbo, coilovers, 16v head conversion, more boost.....SUPER deep dish wheels....up the boost some more....get a quaiffe before all of that.....more boost again

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
sorry to hear you had to sell your GTI. Just make sure it goes to a good home

jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...the majority of vws inthe us are asembled in mexico. ALL 16v jettas and gti's. wolfsburg edition cars are lucky ones. my sisters german assembled cabriolet was nothing but problems. the assembly plant wont make a difference in quality. i guess there is 9 carfax records on the jetta. i'll talk to the dealership about them today. and the gti is sorry to say going to a poseur vw driver. I give it 3 month and the car will be totalled. he doesnt get his lisence for 4 months too. maybe we'll all see it in a upcoming issue of Import Tuner

·
Registered
202 Posts
Too bad dude, your A2 is sweet...ehh well, I bet the A3 will be too, have fun with it

I wouldn't worry about it being Hecho en Mexico, apparently there's really no discernable quality difference...but there is something comforting about having my car being made in Wolfsburg, I'll admit that...

·
Registered
203 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I wouldn't worry about it being Hecho en Mexico, apparently there's really no discernable quality difference...but there is something comforting about having my car being made in Wolfsburg, I'll admit that...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
my point exactly

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...good news i guess... THE BUYER BACKED OUT LAST MINUTE. i guess he's affraid to pick upa wrench, but if so good thing he doesn't want a VW. i am not goign to "advertise" the car, btu if somebody offers me 5k+ for it it's theirs. for now, i'll just start making it well.....better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts