VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if there is already a thread on this (I looked..for a good three days or so) but I cannot seem to solve this problem.
In December, I bought a 1997 Jetta GT. I was told the only thing wrong with it was it needed a Water Pump, which I fixed. It has not had a problem overheating since. However, about two weeks after driving it, I was in 4th gear going about 55mph when the car downshifted. I'm assuming it went into limp mode, because the check engine light came on and it wouldn't change out of 3rd gear. I scanned the codes and got p0341 and p0753. I pulled a distributor off of a 95 Jetta GL (Though I don't know if it will work) to hopefully use the cam sensor on the inside. The second code is what I'm having problems with. I know I need a new solenoid, but I can't find one. The dealerships wont sell me one. I found a universal solenoid, but I don't know if it will work with the VW Transmission.

My question is, does anybody know where/how to get the Solenoid for 1st and 2nd gears? Do you think the universal one will work?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have found that partstrain.com has a lot of things that work well if no one else has them or will sell them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Take a look at autopartswarehouse.com They carry universal transmission solenoids as well. Just call them before you buy to verify that it will work with your VW. I did a quick check for my '94 Jetta and the price was $108. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts