VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Today I will be picking up my 5th VW. I bought the 20 AE GTI, in Jazz blue. I've had just about every other VW model, but never the GTI. I'm currently leasing an 01 Passat and I love it. But I just test drove the GTI the other day and I was totally surprised by the difference in power. I really like the car and with the pull ahead program that VW just came out with I can turn in my Passat and buy the GTI for the same price that I' m leasing for now, so I bought it. My wife thinks I'm crazy to go from the Passat to the GTI, but I did it anyway. I was just hoping to get any opinions and information that was out there on the car and what you might suggest I do first to the car. I have about an extra $1500 to put into it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Welcome the the forum and CONGRATS on your 5th dub. If it is a 1.8T... I'd advise on getting her chipped. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i wouldn't do too much to it at all... it's a beautiful car as it is. if i had one the only thing i would do would be to get the halo headlight conversion (bmw)... but the chip too is a good idea

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
There's not much i would do either to it. Now is the GTI a leased car or are you buying it? Much of what you would buy you already get. What i would do is upgrade the D/V, Either the APR or GIAC chip although there is the new REVO that some people seem to like but since they just came out, i'd rather wait so they can prove there product. If you rather save up some more money (like $3500 more) then you could go to a stage III turbo set-up.
Well congrats on the new!!!
jon

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great choice in car and color. It is definitely different from the Passat, but it should scratch a different itch. Go for it man...add the direct port software from APR and you will be set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts