VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
suspension is the right way to go, especially with a3s. that setup sounds good. the chip on the other hand wont help as much with out any other mods, just raise the redline and speed limiter. cam and exhaust help more in the power dept.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just got a 98 jetta gl 2.0L and i have a couple of mods i want to do but i am new to VW and i want some opinons. first i want to do some suspension work...i am looking for performance first, at a reasonable price. i was looking at H&R sport springs and kyb-gr2 shocks, will this do the trick? also as far as chips go i was wondering what kind of HP improvement we are talking about at the crank on average. also wanted to say that i never really liked VWs but i am warming up very quickly, they are pretty cool. call me a convert.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea i'll 2nd that too. the h/r is a good spring. i have a autotech chip in my 96 jetta and noticed a little gain but i also have neuspeed cat back and abd intake. hope it works out for ya.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
If you cam the motor with a chip for that cam you will see BIG improvements!I am going to get cam soon myself.I already have my ride chipped and a few other mods. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts