VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not afflitated just passing on the word.

Checked out europeanplates website and order the following:

I ordered a europeanplate as well!

Europeanplates

Check it out real nice people!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Nice but I am ticked off I have to put my License Plate on the front of my car as it is and would not want to put yet another one.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
As many of us here know, I tried putting the front license plate behind my windshield. It lasted 2 days, before cops pulled me over. I had to put it back on within 48 Hours or pay $110 fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
indeed, the same rule applies to maryland dubbers. I hate those pesky $55 fines for not having front tags on the bumper.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hush you, or they'll make us put them on the sides of the car too. I got pulled over for having my inspection mounted too high in the window once..... What I don't understand is why Vette's don't have to have front plates in Texas, but everyone else does.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
...What I don't understand is why Vette's don't have to have front plates in Texas, but everyone else does.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vette's "the American Car"...plus chevy gives them those filler plates so it looks correct.

There are several people here at my school from Texas that don't have a front plate, but yet there are others who do; what is going on down there Josh???

[ January 13, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
By law you have to have a front plate in Texas, but it seems to differ from city to city what enforcement occurs. I had a friend that used to get pulled over in Austin b/c his plate wasn't centered (it was an older BMW and the plate mount was on the passenger side of the bumper) I have another friend who has the custom fiberglassed tailgate with the plate off to the side at an angle (he's a dork living in 1992) and he gets pulled over alot for it. The only people I know that routinely get away with no front plates are vettes. And let me tell you, it is sickening to go to the Ferrari dealer and see them drilling holes in the front of a 360 to put a damn plate bracket on....

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
And let me tell you, it is sickening to go to the Ferrari dealer and see them drilling holes in the front of a 360 to put a damn plate bracket on....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts