VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it does it when the car is cold and hot so thats not it... anyway.... put it in R and backup (let the tach get up to 2000rpm or little less)....... let foot off of gas (while my left foot is off of the clutch) and i hear a clicking sound(like the damn wheel of fortune wheel).... then i press the clutch in and the noise gets a little quieter.....WHAT THE FUDGE

·
Registered
74 Posts
does it click in any other gear, cause sometimes the oil-filled motor mounts leak.
and that means that they are bad. and makes a clicking noise like you engine smacking off your mount

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah just reverse.... its in service right now.... but they gave me a 4 door cavalier.....biggest piece of crap ever

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sorry about the cavaler and i hope your dubs alright.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it back...they did crazy $h!t... relaced 1st gear clutch....2nd gear clutch....and reverse gear....all together it was like $550 work of parts and labor (i think)....thank god for a warrenty

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sweet man, thats awesome. i wish i could get my new second gear and second gear syncro before my warantee expires. but everytime i go, they cant find anything. i gotta get some other stuff done before the warantee is out of my reach.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
sweet man, thats awesome. i wish i could get my new second gear and second gear syncro before my warantee expires. but everytime i go, they cant find anything. i gotta get some other stuff done before the warantee is out of my reach.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just shift w/o using the clutch and tell them you dont know what could be wrong.....and when they tell you get all upset and say "ive been driving a manual tranny car for ? years and your telling me i dont know what i am doing" lol nah dont do that it would suck if they bent you over and say haha go home or pay us 700 to fix it

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:

just shift w/o using the clutch and tell them you dont know what could be wrong.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bart.. thanks for the advice !!! Let me run outside and try it !!! HA HA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts