VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I wasn't a member during waterfest so I am not sure how the vwforum is represented there. I guess db sets up a tent or something to try and get new members and maybe a sponsor. But I was wondering if we could do something cool for this year's Waterfest. I was just thinking it would be cool if we cool if we could have a member's only raffle or something. I was reading the post fourt1thirty had about his syncro project and how people were willing to give a dollar to help fund it. So I thought it would be a cool idea if everyone put in a small amount of money to benefit one person. It could be done like a raffle with a cash prize or even something universal like race seats or whatever. Maybe we could come up with a limited edition "2004 vwforum waterfest" decal to all who enter the raffle so that everyone gets something. If we could get $10 for every decal/raffle ticket combo from 100 different members there would be $1000 up for grabs(minus the cost of the decals). Of course this is just an idea I had last night in my sleep while I was dreaming up ways to get my own project finished but if it sounds cool to the rest of you, and most importantly db, there is plenty of time until waterfest to figure out the details. So if any of you think it's a good idea, or if you think I'm an idiot, or if you think you have a better idea, or if you are db and you want to smack me for making potentially more work for you, let me hear your opinions. I thank you all for reading.
peace out.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. We don't even necessarily have to do it at the show, because then only people who are there can participate. We could do one and pay through paypal, that way a LOT more people can buy tickets. It could be an anniversary thing maybe.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
IF this was going on two years ago i would say forget about it. but within those two years we've grown like crazy, this might not be a bad idea. maybe there should be a poll on it to just see how many people would actually participate in it.
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
IF this was going on two years ago i would say forget about it. but within those two years we've grown like crazy, this might not be a bad idea. maybe there should be a poll on it to just see how many people would actually participate in it.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this was 2 years ago, there would be no VWF yet

I just read your profile Jon, and I am confused. I noticed you joined Feb. 14, 2002. But VWF's birthday is Feb 17, 2002.

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Straz85 ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I'd be in, as long as I don't ahve to go to Waterfest to claim the prize......

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i think this is a neat idea... we all seem to enjoy not only doing our own projects but following everyone elses also. what better way is there to get a jump start on an on-going project or to start a new one than some good old gamblin'!!!
i'm so in

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea i would deff be in sounds like fun. and i like the idea of getting a sticker or something out of it feels like ur not completely losing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was only thinking of waterfest as a day and place to do the drawing. Because it would give us some time to get things organized and it's in the middle of summer. And I was thinking you could buy the ticket online so you wouldn't have to actually be going to waterfest to get in on it. If the winner didn't go to waterfest the prize would have to be mailed.
I see a coulple of people would be down with it. How about some other ideas on how to do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts