VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be putting a system in my baby soon and was wondering if n/e body has had any experience with different styles of boxes??
Its gonna be a custom box so my options are endless.. Ill probably use 2 10" or 1 12" depends on kind of box to make thanks in advance......

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
It really depends on a few things.

1) How much do you want to spend?

2) Are you looking to have this show quality?

3) How much space in your trunk are you willing to give up?

4) What type of music do you listen too?

You can spend as little as $60 for a decent box. I personally like sealed boxes versus ported. Harder smack you in the back bass. I also listen to Rock, Metal etc.

Here is a pic of my box, nothing fancy but it gives me a little kick.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i got mine from a buddy for free so dont worry about my price. but i ahve a 800w xplod amp and a a rockford 10. my boom boom speakers sound pritty nice

rich

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wont have my system in till june cuz my subwoofer isnt cumin out till then but i know a lil bit about audio, lol. thats what i do for a livin, car audio. anyways if you want the loudest deepest bass notes get a vented encloseure, if you want a tight more accurate bass go w/ a sealed enclsure, you want one for great looks and as good as sound as the vented fiberglass it! but thats expensive. Keep showin your systems guys

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got a buddy thats a wood worker, so I can just give him plans and BEER,and day later Ill have a B.U.T full box.
Im looking to have the box look like part of the trunk so unnoticable is the key here...

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I think JL makes a "stealth box" which goes under your spare tire, therefore not taking up any space in your trunk, and you cant see the sub at all. I think it was like $550 for the box and the sub. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Harder smack you in the back bass....I also listen to Rock, Metal etc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love rock music but i wasn't sure how a woofer would improve the sound considering everything is instrumental(ie. guitar riffs). how does it sound?? and what type of songs do u hear the bass the most?

thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i listen to like everything. yes it sounds great with rock. i think. and daves sounds great with his music. i listen to alot of punk and stuff and i think that sounds good too. and it sounds good to techno and rap too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
I think JL makes a "stealth box" which goes under your spare tire, therefore not taking up any space in your trunk, and you cant see the sub at all. I think it was like $550 for the box and the sub. hope this helps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know where I can get one of these over the internet?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is one example... This is my baby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts