VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a few suggestions on aftermarket speakers for door panels and rear deck area. has anyone ran into depth fitting problems with larger magnents on aftermarket speakers? i have had good luck with Polk products but i thought i'd ask u guys ur opinions before i go ordering. thanks Chris

·
Registered
129 Posts
MB Quart makes a fine speaker...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derek:
MB Quart makes a fine speaker...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Derek, buy a dub please

·
Registered
129 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Derek, buy a dub please<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all due respect, I enjoy larger sedans myself. I joined this board to learn more about my g/f's '96 GTI she recently purchased. I also come on every couple of days and try to aid in general questions such as this one, inquiring about speakers.

...Sorry to continue with the thread hijack, back to the subject at hand please....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude he's not bashin on vw's/audi's so what the deal with the smart ass comments? He obviously has some interest for vw's or im pretty sure he wouldn't be on the forum as much as he is... thanks Derek for your input on speakers. i was actually reading some specs on mb quart's products.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i'm a fan of polk myself, do you have them both in the rear doors AND rear deck? i want to put them in the rear deck but i'm not sure how to mount them... any ideas???

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with gtiboarder, boston's are the way to go if you got the money. but if not, i'd recomend infinity.also pricey, but worth it.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Derek, buy a dub please<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to bring this back up, but I did not make that post, It must have been a friend of mine or someone at a computer I was logged in under. Anyone is more than welcome here, and It's great you can be domestic and germamn enthusist. I apologize for the post. I myself do not have a dub, soo why in the hell would I say that?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I myself do not have a dub, soo why in the hell would I say that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bring up a good point.

G

·
0 Posts
MA audio make a good deck speaker..and sub all there audio equipment is good i have most of it in my car.. www.maaudio.com if u want u can go to that site and take a look they have dealers off of that site if not u can call there company and they will shit right away to you...

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have thrown some alpine type r speakers in my car they sound real nice but they arent all what they are made to be but they deffinaly gives everything a nice sound

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am an MECP cetified installer.
Most aftermarket 6.5" speakers will fit just fine. Mounting depth won't be an issue.

You probably have tweeters mounted in your dash, 6.5" doors, and 6.5" componemt speakers on the rear deck.

I'd be happy to answer questions about your install or about which speakers to choose.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey Old Skool, yea i have a MA Audio amp and its killer, it powers my 2 12" polks great. i'm still debating on what speakers to get still so i'll check out what u guys have suggested. thanks, Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts