VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today after i got my subs and amp installed and evertything...my dad and neighbor took it upon themselves to listen to it. Being the dumbasses that one of them are they turned it up too loud and blew a rear component and a front tweeter, and it now sounds like ass. Well anyway to get to the point i was wondering where to get component speakers. i got a 01 GTi with monsoon system. Thanks guys

·
Registered
777 Posts
you using the factory amp? well if this happened to me id go ahead and replace them with aftermarket speakers.... alpine type-R are really good, also you could match the brand with your head-unit....

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have Boston Acoustics Pro series speakers and I LOVE them. Kind of expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nIGaTuk:
Well today after i got my subs and amp installed and evertything...my dad and neighbor took it upon themselves to listen to it. Being the dumbasses that one of them are they turned it up too loud and blew a rear component and a front tweeter, and it now sounds like ass. Well anyway to get to the point i was wondering where to get component speakers. i got a 01 GTi with monsoon system. Thanks guys<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're worried about your speakers blowing again, you probably want to get some aftermarket ones.

Check out the Alpine SPR-176A. They have tweeter blow out protection through the corssovers and have a 200 watt max power with 50 watts RMS. Unless you're throwing a huge amp on them, they should be able to handle anything you can throw at them.

I'd take a look at the Boston Acoustics lines, MB Quart, and JBLs also. You might want to bring a good CD down to your local audio shop and have it played on a few different sets using the same headunit. This way you can hear which ones sound the best to you. This is good but remember due to the shapes and materials of the car, it's gonna sound a bit different than in the store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts