VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
you talking like horspower and what not. I just saw a post on the tex the other day of a magazine article from like car and driver or somthing of their test drive when it came out and had alot of that stuff. good luck

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
100hp @ 5500rpm
105ft/lb torque @ 3000rpm

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Aaron's right on the hp/tq numbers, not 100% about the 1/4 mile times though. I know for a fact that the 84' Car and Driver tested the '85 GLI at 17.6sec/76mph. The GTI might have run a little faster due to weight, but not much. I will keep looking...

Link

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Aaron's right on the hp/tq numbers, not 100% about the 1/4 mile times though. I know for a fact that the 84' Car and Driver tested the '85 GLI at 17.6sec/76mph. The GTI might have run a little faster due to weight, but not much. I will keep looking...

Link
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a MK1 GLI. 10 less HP in a lighter car. The number can't be that far off though. Think mid 17s. The '85 GTI was a popular car with the magazines, so the info is out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts