VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed both front wheel speed sensors on my 00 gti vr6 today. I can start the fine with no lights but as I reach 15 mph both the traction control and abs light come back. before I changed them the light was on.constantly. please help.in tired of looking at a Christmas tree on my dash

·
Registered
58 Posts
are you brakes acting normal as far as you can tell. Im thinking maybe it is some sort of brake problem other wise I am not sure. If you have a mechanic that you trust and has a fair price to diagnose a problem you could do that. like there is a guy here that works only on VW and will tell you everything that is wrong with your car for like 65 bucks....sometimes it is worth it so you dont spend tons of time and money trying to figure out what is wrong....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes are acting fine and I know a little about mechanics myself.but this.is my first car with wheel speed sensors that I had a.prob with. I just hate stupid little problems like this I.know.its gonna be small

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
do you have a vagcom? Did you do all 4? what ABS blocks are throwing the code for a bad sensor? might be the ABS controller itself of a bad connector/wires. hook up the Vag com, prop up each wheel independatly and hand spin it. Open the ABS wheel blocks and see if it returns a "speed" if not it is bad or the wires are bad. if comes back with a speed then do another wheel. you should find one wheel that comes back as 0. Could also be a HUb that has a bent metal wheel that the sensor reads so it errors after a bit....could be a wheel bearing going bad and being out of wack as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts