VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what up... I finally got around to taking off my resonator and after I did that today I went out for a ride and spun tires going into 3rd gear. It was great! i was also suprised that I did it.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
My car spins tires as I shift into 3rd as well. However only with my stock wheels and tires I put on for winter. With my performance tires she ain't spinning even in 2nd. Which is great if you think about it? LOL

Grip Grip Grip BABY!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just replaced my stock tires and put on some pirelli pole positions and i spin in second but not for long and in 3rd it was real quick but still good for a 2.0L.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
My tires spin all the way through fifth gear.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Mr. Funny Pants.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea i can spin easily in 2nd with my 14" alum racin wheels on during winter but my 17's have more of a struggle... hahah

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I was abale to spin in third once but any time I want in second.I would like to see you spin in fifth!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
My friend has a 2002 1.8t GTI with an APR chip on the 100 octane program. He took me for a ride recently. That car can spin in 5 gears! In first it hits about 3500 rpm and then spins!
I want one.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i rode in a 2.0t and a 1.8 each with like 250 whp. all 5 gears. sooo awesome! my tires grip like hell also. but did you spin in 3rd with your nos or N/A?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I've come to realize that a performance clutch helps with spinning the tires a LOT. I drove a stock 4 banger Probe, which is putting out like 115 HP or something, easily spunt he tires going into 2nd, I wasn't even trying to actually. That was at like 4000 RPMs.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
I've come to realize that a performance clutch helps with spinning the tires a LOT. I drove a stock 4 banger Probe, which is putting out like 115 HP or something, easily spunt he tires going into 2nd, I wasn't even trying to actually. That was at like 4000 RPMs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what prob happen brett was that when you shifted, the tires actually slowed down to fast so it was almost like you were braking instead of going faster

jon

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no NOS when i spun and it was perfectly dry!!!!and handbrake?? c'mon now!!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team sand s:
I just know that I have not got the wheels to spin past third.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither did I and as I shift really hard into 3rd it really just chirps. But then again, I don't want to spin the wheels.

Why would you want that to happen? Think spin wheels = less grip = less acceleration.

My 2 dollars. That's right 2 bucks. No cheap cents here!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Neither did I and as I shift really hard into 3rd it really just chirps. But then again, I don't want to spin the wheels.

Why would you want that to happen? Think spin wheels = less grip = less acceleration.

My 2 dollars. That's right 2 bucks. No cheap cents here!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RIGHT ON!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I really don't want wheel spin.Yesterday I was taunted by a chevy caviler.A coulpe of kids looked my car up and down and were lined up with me.So I went to take off and they pulled on me because I sat there and spun the tires.When I got traction I pulled them down so hard it was crazy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts