VW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
you could probably by an upgraded SMIC from ebay (for cheap) and im assuming it would be ok for you power goals because youre only looking for an smic. there was a whole thread on vwvortex about SMICs people were buying and they were getting pretty good reviews. the thread has the name of the vender that people were reviewing.

just to give you an idea:

02 03 04 05 Side Mount Intercooler 1 8T VW Jetta Golf 2 5" | eBay

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I saw the Taco Taco one already. Read some of the reviews too. I think I will meet in the middle of the Eurojet and Taco prices and get the SPM SMIC. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Upgrading the intercooler on a small frame k03(s) is one of the most beneficial things you can do. They run pretty hot and when ran back to back, especially on a hot day, heat soak will kill power.

Yes, of course supporting mods will get the most out of it, but for a simple bolt on deal it sure beats a $200 Cold air intake ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
definitely a worthy upgrade. those are all bolt ons. get a turboback exhaust if you dont have one already though. more important than an intercooler.
Apparently the vehicle has a full open bore stainless exhaust with race through cat. Forgive me if that doesn't sound right I'm quoting the previous owner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.