VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
They are what I am going with, if that influences your decision.

Vogtland Sport Springs + Bilstein sport struts = my future setup.

·
Registered
345 Posts
how much does the Vogtland Sport Springs lower ur car?...i have the H&R setup..and love it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
im planing on buying H&R Springs. Heard there very good. i also got the rieger Kit should i drop 1.5 or go 2.0 in.? i don't want ot mess the kit up. any advice ?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Below a 1.5" drop the handling gets worse. Do a search, we had a really good discussion on the topic. But look lise, 2.0" drop looks better IMO, but if handling is what you are after, the the 1.5 - 1.8"

·
Registered
345 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Below a 1.5" drop the handling gets worse. Do a search, we had a really good discussion on the topic. But look lise, 2.0" drop looks better IMO, but if handling is what you are after, the the 1.5 - 1.8"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, if the axis is like this \______/ then the handling will get worst. a 1.5 drop will make the axis completely straight..
|-----|..stock is like /-----\...if you try to understand what i am talking bout...
of course there are other reasons to it too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Racing springs...Neuspeed I know has the 2 inch drop...not sure about H&R...then there's always coilovers, but they're so damn expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Question: If I got the Eibach Sportlines that drop the car ~2" and then got a front swar bar and had a stock rear sway would my car handle really weird? Under/oversteer ? The only reason I ask is because everyone keeps telling me these springs will drop it too much and i will need a new front sway???? I don't know i just want my car slammed to the ground. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwolfsburg18t:
Question: If I got the Eibach Sportlines that drop the car ~2" and then got a front swar bar and had a stock rear sway would my car handle really weird? Under/oversteer ? The only reason I ask is because everyone keeps telling me these springs will drop it too much and i will need a new front sway???? I don't know i just want my car slammed to the ground. Thanks in advance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that could cause some understeer - also, if you don't want the car really low go with something with 1.5" or less drop. But if you want 2" go for it man.

edit: read that wrong - slam the car if you want but the handling won't be as good. No rsb + a fsb I don't think is great for handling overall.....

[ March 05, 2004: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts