VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me.......I have a 92 jetta and it seems that only after it rains and my car sits in the rain it spudders.I took it to the shop the last time this happened and they couldn't find anything and it was fine.So i picked it up and it worked great again So now it rained again and it's spuddering so please someone tell me why it's doing this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had the same problem on my 88 jetta. it took me months to figure it out and finally one day i changed the fuel filter and the car hasn't sputtered since.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check:

Spark plug wires
Cap
Coil

Look for cracks on any of the stuff. With the rainy season we are having, lots of people are having the same problem. Runs great, then rains. Doesn't start or when it does start runs like crap. No rain - then ok again. Unless it is throwing a code, it will be hard to track down, but I'd check those things first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
its very possible that your distributor cap has moisture in it so check that fist because that will definatly cause it

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Happend to me to, well kinda, after a car wash, my car wouldnt start, but once it dried it was fine, I was told to put wd-40 on my ignition system, and it would never happen again, to this day it hasnt been affected by rain or water. And also throw some fule injector cleaner in. I know the mk3 2.o studder and even stall due to dirty injecters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts