VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 1.8 8v digifant
The car while driving seems to completely loose all Fuel stream and then it suddenly comes back usually jerking the car Also sometimes idling normally then suddenly dies. Best I can seem to describe what it is doing. Any Ideas.
possible parts you may think could be the culprit but recently changed: O2, AFM, blue temp, fuel pressure part on the fuel rail.. cant remember the name at the time. idle air stabalizer.
any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by projectmk2:
Did you replace the fuel filter?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would try this also. You might even wanna clean out your isv. That is notoriuos for idling problems. Other then that i'm not sure, there's alot of things that can cause a digifant system to have idle problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill consider the fuel filter.. one thing i failed to mention. I know that the car needs to be re'ringed.. could that have anything to do w/ sending false readings to the O2 and then to the comp?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thinking about the fuel filter as the problem .. wouldnt it act the way i described All the time, and not just speratically?

·
Registered
37 Posts
mine did this a lot too...distributer cap...o2 sensor...bad plugs...bad wires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts