VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased 1991 "Umwelt" turbodiesel 1600cc for commuting. Great consumption 55mpg, but now coming into winter/wet season. Carpets getting soaked from an unknown source ....leading to very poor visiblity unless heater kept on all the time.....so I either roast or cannot see! Cannot find access point for rain but looks as if it maybe coming from somewhere around dashboard. Any ideas or similar issues and if so how was it fixed as it is a real pain.

·
Registered
349 Posts
hey i just had the same problem with my golf. check under the dash on the passenger side, beside the heater core there is a hose that goes through the firewall. this is an exhaust for the ac but the ac compressor is on when the defrost is on. check the seal around the hose. if this is bad, the more you run your heater, the more water you get. also check the rubber door seals on the body. you can get new ones for about 70 a piece from a dealer (i havent found them aftermarket yet) but it's not uncommon for the little bit of metal in them to rust out. i hope it helped and let me know what you find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts