VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- this is my first post to the forum. Just bought an 04 1.8T last month. This is my second GTI. Had an 84 Rabbit GTI about 15 years ago. Who says you can never go home again?

Went to the Tire Rack today to buy a set of Blizzak WS50s. Wanted to get them mounted on steel wheels to avoid running the factory alloys through the winter. Problem is, the Tire Rack didn't offer steel rims for the GTI and I can't find any other site that sells them. Anyone know where they are sold? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you were on their website, you may have not seen them becasue of how their search works.....it's pretty shitty actually. Call Eric at tirerack. He is a dubber, and will hook you up.

Eric @ Tirerack
877-522-8473 ext 391

·
Registered
471 Posts
The dealership I work for buys most of our tires from "The Tire Rack". According to our wholesale rep, 15" steelies for Mk4s are sold out for the season. 16" steelies are currently out of stock, but they anticipate a shipment of them next week. They retail them for $48ea + shipping.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Some dealerships might also have 15" or 16" takeoff steelies from customers that want alloy wheels when buying their cars...call some parts departments in your area and see what they have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ebay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts