VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,i've got the problem to my acc-go-to-left dcc-go-to-right...its the steering(i dont know the name of it,its the thing that goes from one side to another,when you steer) that has a litle loose something,and a thing that here we call cardan...dont know the english name.can this be ajusted or is the only option to by a new one!?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know,this is a litle bit dificult,to say some tecnichal therms...

its the rack i have loose,and also the "collumn that comes from the steering wheel,and then has a thing that loosen's up with time"
this is my best explanation!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds like your tie rods or ball joints are starting to go. If you jack the front of the ground and move the wheel left and right, and there is any slop, its your tie rods, if its up and down, its your ball joint. If your wheel turns alittle without moving the steering rack, sounds like a loose bolt someplace. If the wheel shakes excessively it's probably a bad bearing in the bottom of the steering column.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is a tye rod or a ball joint?!i'm not really used to this technical therms...a picture would help a lot!!!
is there a rack from a mk3 or any other car that i can use!?or some steering things!?
oh,and when the car has the proper alignment,if you look from the front of the car,you can see that the left(passenger) wheel is a litle bit "out-going"!!and in the machine,it says that its all forward,but that wheel,is just aiming out!!!what can this be!?

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: HidRo ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts