VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 jetta gli and have noticed an odd noise coming from the steering wheel or column. It sounds like an electronic lock on hotel room keycard door opening and closing quickly. The sound is not very loud, but is certainly noticeable. When the "clicking" begins and is occurring, you can feel a little click if you're going slow enough. It randomly comes and goes and only last 15-20 seconds at the most. It happens at low speed driving and highway driving. I have not been able to find the rhyme or reason to the noise and consequently took it into the dealer to have it checked out, as its still covered under warranty. They said short of them having to take apart the dash to look into it, all we can do is wait and see if it gets louder or whatever is making the noise fails. I have tried checking to make sure the turn signal wasn't still engaged, I've tried raising and lowering the steering column, and the proverbial knocking on the approximate location to see if it would stop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure what that is... but i'm getting the same thing. I my car scheduled at the dealership. I'll post later if the problem is fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts