VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 beetle and I have replaced the headunit with a kenwood kdc-519. The new headunit has a motorized faceplate that is supposed to flip around when the car is turned off and on. The problem is that the car continues to give the radio power even after the car is turned off and the key is removed. Any thoughts on how to make it so that the car stops giving the radio power when the ignition is turned off?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I sounds like you connected the remote power wire straight to the battery. The remote power wire is supposed to somehow connect to the ingition swicth. SO when the car is on, power is delivered and cut off when the car is off.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I sounds like you connected the remote power wire straight to the battery. The remote power wire is supposed to somehow connect to the ingition swicth. SO when the car is on, power is delivered and cut off when the car is off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can test the remote power wire with an led tester and turning the ignition swith on and off (not the car on and off).

My 2 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts