VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Saturday afternoon I did a burn-out in a parking lot. When I got done, I was driving off, and I could smell my clutch, which was expected. I drove it around all day yesterday, no problems. This morning, no problems. I just got back from school, got out, and that smell was back, and ever since Saturday afternoon, I've been a good boy driving it. Any ideas here?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
hmmm.. does your clutch feel normal?? or do you feel a diffrence??? Sometimes i get parinoid after i do something like that and i start smelling something burning and think that it's my car and relized that it was just a truck that went by. I would just keep an eye on it to see if it starts stinking again.
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Saturday, right after I did the burn out, the pedal got real "mushy" and soft. But ever since then, it's been feeling fine. It's just this one time so far today at lunch that it started stinkin again.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well just check it out over the next couple of days to see if the smell comes back.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i really hate when that happens, i always fear it my clutch and i drive real nice too. but then i think about the truck thing like jon said. so im not sure what to tell ya but just see if it pursists.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thats alright josh doesnt know how to burn out either.
his smelled bad

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What the Hell!!! Since when did I become the bastard child of our little clan????

And its not my fault that my clutch is weaker than the e-brake, which is weaker than the traction I can get on Continentals.....

Sheesh

·
Registered
175 Posts
ROFL

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey, with both u guys still on stocks, that means i can smoke u off the line or a 0 to 30 race

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, you are the only one that's not family, so yeah, that kind of deams you as being the <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
bastard child of our little clan
. And Rick, you and I both know you could never smoke me off the line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts