·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what deck is bein offered?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gooberliberation:
what deck is bein offered?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not too sure but i know for sure that it's somewhat decent. a panasonic deck was one of which he has to offer. i'm not sure of the specs. tomorrow i will know which ones are being offered.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I kept my stock deck in for a few reasons. 1) Is I don't want my car busted into again. I had a nice system in my old GTI and it got raped. 2) For what I listen to the Monsoon system is fine 3) I added an extra amp and sub to give me a little more bass. I'm satisfied with what I have. 4) The 6 disc changer in the trunk is the VW one so if I went with an aftermarket head unit I would loose that. 5) I can't listen to music that loud anymore I'm going def.

But if you do want to upgrade you can do it they have the wiring harness's out so it shouldn't be a problem.

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: db ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
hay guys i need your opinion here. i have a stock deck right now with a sub and amp. i was just offered a *cough* stolen *cough* aftermarket deck for a very cheap price. should i switch over to an aftermarket deck or stay with the stock deck?

also will i have to change the amp kit when i get an aftermarket deck or will it plug into the deck with no problems?

and one more thing. how does the monsoon system sound with a deck?

thanks!

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
...and one more thing. how does the monsoon system sound with a deck?

thanks!

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea i got a pioneer premier headunit it sounds better then the stock deck...and it hooked up fine with the monsoon...sounds real good...i think it sounds better then some of my friends systems i think...pretty sweet. then again the stock one didnt sound too bad either.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
I kept my stock deck in for a few reasons. 1) Is I don't want my car busted into again. I had a nice system in my old GTI and it got raped. 2) For what I listen to the Monsoon system is fine 3) I added an extra amp and sub to give me a little more bass. I'm satisfied with what I have. 4) The 6 disc changer in the trunk is the VW one so if I went with an aftermarket head unit I would loose that. 5) I can't listen to music that loud anymore I'm going def.

But if you do want to upgrade you can do it they have the wiring harness's out so it shouldn't be a problem.

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: db ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on reason #4. Why can't they just make EVERYTHING with universal connections

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
The aftermarket deck will make it could quite a bit better, I think it's a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
The internal amp wakes up the monsoon, awsome sounds, Im sure there are adapter kits for the vw 6 disk, just splice the wires and hook it to the Wireing harness that will fit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts