VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost does a totally stock 1.8t make? (And if anyone knows how much the motor makes without the turbo?)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
They don't currently offer a 1.8 20V without a turbo here in the states, but they do offer a 20V 4 cylinder in Europe...check out some european websites to find out about it.

As for stock PSI, it depends on what engine code it is. AWD and AWW engines are around 9-10 PSI, and AWP engines get up to 13-14 PSI.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rronnicc:
(And if anyone knows how much the motor makes without the turbo?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

125hp

·
Registered
252 Posts
The amount of boost depends on what year the car is all 1.8t until 02 (non-awp engine code) were pushing 8 pounds of boost. After 02 (awp engine code) it was bumped up to 12.35. I believe I got this info from bahn brenner website, but I could be wrong I saw it awhile ago. I have a 2002 and with a boost gauge it spikes at like 12 and settles off at like 8 or 9 psi. So those numbers maybe just what it spikes up to. I have no idea what pre-02 1.8t settles at. If anyone else knows more or heard something different chime in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The amount of boost depends on what year the car is all 1.8t until 02 (non-awp engine code) were pushing 8 pounds of boost. After 02 (awp engine code) it was bumped up to 12.35. I believe I got this info from bahn brenner website, but I could be wrong I saw it awhile ago. I have a 2002 and with a boost gauge it spikes at like 12 and settles off at like 8 or 9 psi. So those numbers maybe just what it spikes up to. I have no idea what pre-02 1.8t settles at. If anyone else knows more or heard something different chime in.
--------------------

v-tec...
F**k that I have VW tech
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been wondering if mine has a airflow problem, so I spoke with my local dealer about boost pressures. '03 GTi (or a Jetta )1.8T should run at a sustained pressure of 9.5 psi @ 80 degrees. Of course, that would be ideal. But, according to the tech that I spoke with, the turbo will spike anywhere between 11 and 13 psi, which is what I have seen it do numerous times. Not sure about 1.8 non-T bhp, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They don't currently offer a 1.8 20V without a turbo here in the states, but they do offer a 20V 4 cylinder in Europe...check out some european websites to find out about it.

As for stock PSI, it depends on what engine code it is. AWD and AWW engines are around 9-10 PSI, and AWP engines get up to 13-14 PSI.
What about a stock AWM Engine I have 03 passat and I wanna know how much boost I’m pushing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts