VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my golf has a strange noise...i tought it was the engine mount on the passanger side,but changed and the noise is still there.sometimes it looks that something is banging on the passangers feet.
the reverse gear also makes a strange noise when i'm backing up...
the car goes left when i acc and right when deacc.what can it be!?
HidRo

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the mai reason it tries to pull to one side is because of the open diff and different lenght axles. But bad struts can add to it alot. check those. What kinda noise is it in reverse. a grinding or a bearing noise. as for the floor board check all the sway bar links. Maybe a bushing is bad. Good luck and let us know if you find the problem

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad struts!?that is the "bar" where the engine holds on!?as im not english,its a litle bit dificult for me to know all the tecnical therms.the reverse is only when im in reverse but with some speed!like power reverse!if i do it slowly it doesn't do any noise!the sway bar is something like this?
_/------\_ ??
HidRo

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the strut is the part of the suspension that the spring goes around. It bolts to the strut tower and to the spindle of the wheel. If you take the wheel off it's the part that goes up between the spring and the spindle. Don't know how to explain it better. The sway bar is the like 1" tube that goes across right behind the subframe. Which is right behind the engine. If it's a noise like a whining then That's just a noise they make. If it's a grinding noise i would have it looked at.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the noise is like someone was pounding the passenger side with a hammer or something!!so the struts are a piece of the chassis!?or something that you can replace!?
my strut tower is cracking near the airbox.this is very bad!?it was repaired,but the problem is still there,right!?
btw,my car on cold start cant mantain the idle,and when I press the pedal, the idle goes to 200,or something and the starts to rise hardly!!!what can this be!?the hot air tube from the exaust mainfold is out.can this make the diference!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts