VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have the OEM roof spoiler on my car, and I'm wanting a stubby antenna, but I can't get a metal one or else I will jack up my spoiler. Any of you guys have any options for me.

And no I'm not going to put an S2000 one on my car...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well i don't have the S2000 ant. but i do have the TT stubby ant. Here's a pic.

I will warn you about the loss of reception. I listen to the cd player most of the time so it doesn't bother me.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
same here, id show you a pic but if youve seen one tt antenna, youve seen them all. i love the look, shitty reception but whatever.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i have this one but im selling it to get a oem vw sharon antenna for better reception
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats a sharon antenna??

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I really don't care about reception, that is why I have the CD Changer with 2 magazines. LOL
Well the reception is not bad. But not as good as the stock. I did get better reception after putting some electrical greese on it though.

This is mine:

They also have the same one available like that:

The beauty of these is you can unscrew the black part with the tip, and only leave the tiny bottom part on. ( I do it sometimes when it isn't raining).

I bought mine here in Canada, but these pics were taken from TM Tuning.

TM Tuning Antenna

PS: I paid $69 + Tax Canadian for it. So again you guy there in States get a break on price... Dammit.

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah a buddy of mine has that one you have TF. The problem with that one though is when I pop my hatch my spoiler hits it and a metal one will jack up my spoiler.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
dont have a spoiler but know a couple of people that do.... but i guess it depends on the spoiler and the angle you mount it at...you can always go to audi parts and get one

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
Yeah a buddy of mine has that one you have TF. The problem with that one though is when I pop my hatch my spoiler hits it and a metal one will jack up my spoiler.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks, Jonny.
How about you post a pic of your rear spoiler for us?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ive seen spoilers with notches in them so the antenna sits in a grouve while the hatch is up.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
hmmm, I know some guy on the vortex was selling some that were sortof like the oem "whip" antenna but shorter. I think he was selling them for like $20 shipped or something. something to check out

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
whats a sharon antenna??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

vw minivan in europe or s america or somewhere

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: big dub ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:

vw minivan in europe or s america or somewhere

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: big dub ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the SHARAN is a bigger version of the Touran. Both sold in Germany and other coutnries. North America is too good for these. Yeah right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
TM Tuning sells a neat little 55mm short antenna (the "Mini V"). According to their site they test all antennas they sell and guarantee that the reception equals your factory whip (or your money back). If it would have been available in anodized black I would have had one my roof. I still have my standard antenna but am looking for an anodized black short antenna (less than 110mm in order not to mess with my rooftop spoiler).

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have the freedom design roof spoiler and the antena doesnt touch the spoiler. By the way i have this antenna:

as for your roof, i believe it is the OEM one so that means its a lil shorter then the freedom design, so it shouldnt definately touch it. P.S. i dont notice the difference in reception only if i switch to AM.

silvergti, ur link doesnt work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts