VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking at my car this morning and i look at my car this morning and i was wondering why my mirror was folded in
i unfolded it and it was all cracked (the case) and chipped
long story short my dad ran through it with the snow blower handle
and and thought i wouldnt notice
i confront him
"yea and? glue it back on"
fml?

·
Registered
962 Posts
So get him to replace it with these

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Fix it. Your dad raised you and look how much he spent on you over the years. Grow up and stop complaining.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Fix it. Your dad raised you and look how much he spent on you over the years. Grow up and stop complaining.
fuck that. how about an adult taking responsibility for his actions. the mirror wouldn't piss me off nearly as much the pretending it didn't happen followed by the "fuck you, not my problem" attitude given when it was discovered.

break the mirror off his car, tell him to glue it. problem solved.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
My dad did some damage I let him drive my car and I get home and my front valence is half ripped off from him not backing in my driveway right so he backed out and off it went.

Tore my back seat cause he was hauling wood with it idk why my brother has a truck.

I had to take his car to school to do routine maintainence and I worked for free doing complete tire rotation bought him oil bought him a filter washed it and waxed it used my leather care stuff detailed the interior no joke i put probably 5 hours in this car along with filling the tank up and my dad comes home with my front plated dented in and he denied it. Not to mention him blowing my clutch which is cool cause he hooked me up over the years but yea just man up and fix it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You people got some f**ked up Dads. I do agree, be a man and own up to it. But come on, its $30 mirrors. You spend more bitching about it then fixing it.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
I would sit him down calmly and express how dissapointed you are in the way he is handling the situation. Ask him if he feels he would say the same thing if it was a shopping cart and a strangers car? just fold it in and run away? is he disputing that he did it? Then you can't prove it was him and you can claim it was vandalism in a parking lot or driveway on your insureance. ( i had some F*ck-stick crack my mirror housing and spraypaint my mirror glass, no idea who it was, but they also threw a brick through my nieghbors windshiled and painted B*tch on her car a couple times, insureance claim was under $750 so no adverse action on my policy and only a $100 ded.

I would assess the least expensive way to get it back to it was before and offer it as fair compromise that if you do the install work (labor - $ saved, but your time taken up) you feel it is only fair that he pays for the part that was damaged.

If he accepts responsibility but denies to pay for anything, that is pretty sad and you really have no other recourse than to pawn his TV.... :)

(i can not be held responsible for the a** beating that would insue though)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
i stand by what i said before. break his, tell him to glue it. lesson learned.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
i say fight him. or toss mouse traps at him while sleeping.
my dad has done thing like that when i lived at home. he was helping me load up a tranny into my scirocco, well he ended up smashing my pas. side taillight out. he have me $20 to get a new one. i would still fight him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i wouldnt be bitching if it was the mirror, its the cover outside it is all cracked. i wold have to get a new one and go get it painted. such a pain. and i dont care about the money. but who walks by it and doesnt even tell me. and ai rarely drive it so its days later. haha i dont really care. it was just a joke. i can deal with it. some gorilla glue plastic and nail polish... basically what i made my honda out of . itl be good

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
i get what ur saying though.. accidents happen.. its a simple fix..
my dad ran into my lifted ram with the zero radius lawn mower cuz the chain popped.. and dented my front bumper.. (i sold the ram) anyway. he called me.. said when u get a chance.. come home.. and i have to show u something.. (was on the harley).. came home.. saw my dent in my bumper.. he said im sorry.. the lawn mower broke and it slid or whatever into it.. yeah i was mad.. but he went to the junk yard.. got me a new bumper.. and helped me put it on..

yeah.. i get what ur sayin slappy.. but still.. accidents r accidents.. just own up..
suppose i open my door n tap urs n put a dent in it.. i wouldnt sit there n lie n say idk what ur talkin about.. id be like man. i f*cked up.. i tapped ur door.. and see how u wana go about fixing it.. and go from there.. make a deal.. whatever.. its called bein a man.. u made a mistake.. own up to it.. thats the only thing that principal of mine ever got through to me :-D

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
no i wouldnt be bitching if it was the mirror, its the cover outside it is all cracked. i wold have to get a new one and go get it painted. such a pain. and i dont care about the money. but who walks by it and doesnt even tell me. and ai rarely drive it so its days later. haha i dont really care. it was just a joke. i can deal with it. some gorilla glue plastic and nail polish... basically what i made my honda out of . itl be good

so...go to vortex classifieds and buy one already paint matched. why is something like this so difficult?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts