VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured out why my car won't run. It's the stupid built in Immobilizer. Its gonna cost me $200 to tow it to them, and then another $80 for the code to be entered. What a rip. It always sucks when you work on your own car, and the dumb car thinks taht you stole it. O well.... Lesson learned.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
can't that be covered under warranty or is the warranty voided because of the supercharger?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea, My 2002 beetle immobolized itself, now I'm suck because the closest dealer is $1500.00 away from where I live in Alaska. Had I even knownabout this feature, I would hav thought twice before buying a car with a brain. What's even worse is that no one can slove the problem but a dealer in their shop. Talk about bending everyone over. Dang.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, would it be cheaper/easyer to just take the ECU out and bring it to them instead of the whole car?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, would it be cheaper/easyer to just take the ECU out and bring it to them instead of the whole car?
ship the ecu to them. I have also dealt with Smart cars and we have had the customer take the car to local mercedes dealer and smart dealer in portland Wa worked with them. You can try something like that. Talk to the dealer, they may work with you. Just got to talk to the right person.

By the way, Never buy a smart car. They're not smart and you might regret it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts