VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 99, 00, or 01 Jetta 1.8t.

I know that the 1.8t of those years is reted at 150hp.

I am wondering, as I've been searching the internet the last 3 days trying to find performance parts, if you could help me.

1) What size turbo is in the 1.8t. T3? T4? T3/T4?

2) What kind of footprint is it? Garrett? Mitsubishi? VW's own?

3) I've seen that the K04 is an "upgrade" turbo. Is this as large as it gets for the stock engine?

4) Do they make aftermarket 20v cams?

5) How much power can the stock 1.8t internals take? How much boost?

6) Does anyone make low compression pistons? Rods? Crank?

7) Does anyone make an LSD diff for the 5-speed?

8) Does anyone make a front-mount intercooler for the Jetta/Bora?

And that should do it for now. I'm trying to sell a hybrid Honda, and I want to make sure the VW camp is knowledgeable and helpful. Plus, I need to know if there is any aftermarket hardcore performance support available, as I like to have fast, powerful, reliable cars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
ok, to answer some of your questions.

1) The 150hp engine came with a T3 and the 180hp came with the K3 sport (T3/T4)

2) From what i have read, it's a KKK 03 so i'm not sure if this really answer's your questions.

3) I have seen people go bigger but can't recall what size.

4) I'm sure they do, i'll search real quick for ya and let you know.

5) With the stock internals and stock turbo, you can go a little over 1.0 bar. with upgraded turbo (T4) you can go up to about 300hp

6) I'm sure but don't know who

7) You might want to check out QUAIFE

8) Yes, i know NGP Performance makes them but didn't see it on their website.

Also some places you might want to check out is www.goapr.com www.parts4vw.com to name a couple. on the front page of our site. you'll see a drop down menu for tunning & parts. There is a whole list of diffrent sites there that you can look at and see what your looking for. I hope this helped some. I'm sure someone else will reply with better responses
jon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
alot of people make front mounts...turbo might be able to go bigger than K04 but you probably wouldn't have to...and if you have the money it is all possible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys.

If you can get me any specifics, like turbo make and size/ugrade, etc. please let me know!

Also, I'm not getting an email notification to replies. How do I get these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts