VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year's of the GTI have the rectangular headlights and which have the round headlights? I really like the MkII's, I just don't like the rectangular lights.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
the rounds look even more bad ass on mk2 jettas i think. singles or duals are all together bad ass in my opinion. im not sure what years were the rect and rounds.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i think that only the cabrios had the round headlights in the US, maybe some early rabbits...but the round headlights are european because all the mk2 gti's over there have round headlights...we never get the good stuff over here...someone correct if im wrong about this

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
i think that only the cabrios had the round headlights in the US, maybe some early rabbits...but the round headlights are european because all the mk2 gti's over there have round headlights...we never get the good stuff over here...someone correct if im wrong about this<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Timmy's has round headlights...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
ok here is how it goes to my best relect.
from 1989 and back, they are rectangual on all GTi, Golf and Cabrios. that inludes Rabbits and such. The Jetta only has rounds i believe on 1990 to 1992 GLi but i am not 100% on that. i hope i am right, but i am 100% that from 1990 to 1992 Golf/GTi/Cabrio all have rounds.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Timmy. One of the guys on Vortex told me that too. BUT, I did find out that the European MkII's ALL had round headlight for every year.....that's gay. So I've concluded that if I ever do (and hopefully some day I will) get an MkII I need a 90-92!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah, they are the best years for MKII. they have the 2.0 16v, and the big bumper kit. not to mention, i love the seats they put in them. overall, a much better looking and performing car.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I believe gtis did not have round headlights till 1990.Before then they all had square head lights.

·
Registered
175 Posts
but a 16v dropped into an 83 is just soo swagggg!
better yet a 20v would be poppin!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
83 i think, dont remeber though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jetta's never came with round lights.just the cabs and Gti's.The 90-92 gti's had the 4 round.The like 82-84 (MAYBE) had the weird square single lights.

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: xVEEDUBx ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
im glad you posted this. now when i get my mk2, ill need a 90-92 also. man i want one so bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts