VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am new to the whole subs picture. i found a good bumping Rockford 10" at best buy and i was thinking of getting it. i ahve 2 questions. 1, how to plug the thing in? do i just plug into amp and run a power all the way up front or what? also, i dont wanna take up much space and i was thinking of making a box to have the sub in behind the rear wheel well, in that whole and just make it flat. any sugesstions about anything would be appreciated! thanks in advance! also, i am prob going to get in Feb but checking into it early!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Like he said, but make sure you put the + wire last. and make sure it's connected to your amp before you connect it to your batt. Having a brain fart when installing my second amp onto my Jeep, i connected the + to the battery first and it shorted out on me, caught fire, blew 10 diffrent fueses that took me a couple hours to find and made my jeep smell like burnt rubber for a week.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

do what they said and for comparison, heres mine. not a good pic but you get the idea. hope this helps
rich

·
Registered
26 Posts
first you need a direkt powerline for your amp, straight from the battery(+)put a fuse between it close to the battery, wait to conect the + back on the battery until all the other connections are made, than you need a cable (-) to connect the amp to the ground of your car. Find a point with good contact.
Than you need a RCA cable to conect the amp to your headunits preamp output.
Next thing is signal cable to conect the amp to the singnal out of your headunit.
Now you can conect the + and the - output on the amp with the + and the - of your sub.
Put the powercable on the battery, put the radio on and it should work.
Put no power on the amp until everything is well conectet, otherwise it is possible to damage your amp.
I hope it works.

Greets Stijn

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, ihave an amp already hooked up. so just skip all the amp stuff or do i need a specific sub amp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts