VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience washing a 97 Jetta engine? My car engine needs some washing and any suggestion how I can safely do this without causing any shortages on the electrical when it gets wet.

What are the important parts that should not get wet? besides, spark plug and wires...

Thanks

Migui

·
Registered
202 Posts
Get all electrical systems out, especially the battery, take out all foam hoses and seal the holes. Make sure the water isn't getting anywhere inside, or on anything that wouldn't like it. You also might want to try some crap removers, like Engine Brite or De-Gunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Men don't make it so hard, just put a plastic bag on your alternator and another covering your ignition cap and that's all you need to cover, make sure to done it on the mornig before start the engine, don't you worrie about battery or other things, I wash my engine every 2 month and I have never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Make sure the block is cool or you might crack it, it can be a little warm but not hot. i just cover the intake with a plastic bag and dont spray electrical parts straight on. havent had any problems with mine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts