VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MKIII Jetta and I'm considering changing the hood, headlights, and grille to MKIII golf. I have found a hood, but want to go with a badgeless speed grill. Any suggestions on where to find one at a decent price. Also any suggestions as to going with the the MK4 look headlights or the Angel Eyes? I understand that I will need to do some cutting on the radiator support, but this is not a problem. I really want a different look for my Jetta, but I love the front bumper that I already have. I've seen MK4 front end conversions, and I like them, but they don't fit my personal style. Does anyone know where I can get headlights and the golf grille mentioned above fairly cheap? I found a new factory hood for $130. I'm also open to other suggestions for mods if anyone has any ideas or have seen anything kewl. Thanks.MANIACS car club

·
Registered
190 Posts
for parts go to partstrain.com

but i know strictlyforeign make a jetta kit where u dont have to change your hood witch bring me to my next question
does anyone else make a kit where you would not have to change your hood i like how it looks witht he stock hood

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You do not need to replace your hood, but you will need an extension so there is no gap. IMO its ugly.If your going to make a Getta why not use mk4 look or Angeleyes... Fk, Rieger, ect all have badgeless grills...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boser extension

I'm considering a boser extension. If I do this, where do I find a metal extension? How extinsive is the work to mold it into the hood? Will any other grilles work with a boser extension, or do I just need to stick to a badgeless grille?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Re: boser extension

ManiacVP said:
I'm considering a boser extension. If I do this, where do I find a metal extension? How extinsive is the work to mold it into the hood? Will any other grilles work with a boser extension, or do I just need to stick to a badgeless grille?
the metal extensions are sold for like 110 shipped from rpi... the work involves welding and respray of your hood.... i have called and left a message at bentmetal customs for an adverage price range to have this done. any for of sport grill will work fine, mostly see them with a badge-less but not limited there..... the kamie, fk, and any other sport aftermarket grill will work flawlessly. i do think that someone told me the factory grill sticks out too far to just pop your hood down with the boser installed but if you bulge the boser a bit where the emblem is you will have no problems!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts