VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The basic three for yer engine tend to be chip, filter, and exhaust, which are always good places to start. Chip: I'd suggest UPsolute on personal experience(not on a 1.8t tho), but get a second opinion. Filter: K&Ns are good, and they make a CAI for the 1.8t I think. Exhaust: I've heard good stuff about Remus, though I enjoy my Supersprint.

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: dirtjumpwill ]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone...I'm completely new to the world of modifications, but I'd like to get some more power out of my 2001 gti 1.8T(yeah, bought it before the 2002 specs came out
)

So...I figure the basics to start with, right? Rims, tires, springs and struts, and a new chip. Anything else? What I don't know is what brands I should go with, especially for the new computer. I've been looking around and trying to see what the consensus is, but I'd like to get as much imput as possible before I start spending money. I've checked some out a Audi Performance Racing, but I'm not really sure where to head to find the best stuff. I also have heard that if you uncrease the boost, you need to put a new exhaust manifold in to handle the increased pressure. True, or not? Well, thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
And if you are going to get a chip/BCS, i advise you to get a new Diverter Valve (d/v). It will increase the response time of the boost that you have. when shifting.
jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts