VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i just got some Sulvainia Silver Star headlights. sry, i cant spell sulvainia but i think y'all know what i am talking about. anywayz, they are hella nice! they are white as a Benz that doesnt have HIDs and bright as them too! its funny though cuz the 2 pack is $50 but inddividually they are $20. they also look hella nice on the car. i would recommend grabbing some from Schucks or where ever you can if you need some new headlights! if anyone wants, i could try to get a pic of them in like a week or so. it might take a while cuz i dont have a digital camera!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sure take some pics for us.

Here is a list of my bulbs.

Burnt inventory:

PIAA (lasted 8 months)

2 packs of TUCAN (altogether lasting about 1 year)

Japanese set (More money than PIAA but lasted an amazing MONTH !!!)

Currently in use:

Philips (cheapest... and best performance for buck yet with a nice hint of gold in them... my personal favorite)

PS: Philips bulbs are used in a lot of German cars as stock bulbs. They do not put PHILIPS on the bulbs though. Inside information given by my wife's cousin who is working at Wolfsburg.

Anyhoooo, I had to vent mildly.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i have sylavnia cool blues, they are pritty sweet, i liek them alot!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool blues are nice but these are hella brighter! Phillips are good as well! my bro got some 80 watt Rally Bulbs for his high beams! man, those things are bright!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. at least you were happy in the end with stock! i will agree though, the 9004 (i have) kindof suck. but they do the job. and better then my Ferenheit "Zenon like" bulbs. they are blue and not bright at all! hated those damn things!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had the silverstars in my 95 jetta for 3 weeks and hated them, sold them on ebay. The light pattern was all over the place and i thought the color wasnt even close to HID. Granted i have the 9004 bulb. Worst dual filament bulb out there. Wish it was an H-4. I tryed them all but nothing comes close to my Hella 9004 80/100 bulbs. My factory frog lights with H-3 bulbs and 55 watt Hella bulbs in them were better then the silverstars. I was all hot for them too, all the hype and they sucked. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts