VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still working on my sunroof issues (power operation and leaking) and I need to open the roof to address these, so I have a question or two.

If I use the Allan wrench to manually crank the motor, shouldn't I be able to vent the sunroof and also open the sunroof?

I can't, here's what happens: I insert the wrench and turn it and it opens up to the 'vent' option without a problem, but when I crank it the other way that should 'fully open' the sunroof, the back of the glass panel starts to move downward, but it stops dead and it the wrench is not allowed to turn.

What's up? Anyone have an idea??

·
Registered
137 Posts
The little plastic clips that keep the metal bar in place are really cheap - its incredible how long they hold up for.

A clip probably broke and the metal bars that run up either side of the tracks are not being held down and the metal is physically obstructing the sunroof from moving. I had this happen to me (same issue with not being able to manually crank it) and I was lucky because my sunroof was already open and when I tried to close it it would stop halfway. I could see the metal bar and broken clip that was stopping it and I was able to bend it down and have it close (I haven't attempted to open it since haha) You'll have to get creative if its stuck closed and you can't see the metal bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts