VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ive currently got a mk4 golf 2.0 and im sick of its lack of power. I was considering the Neuspeed supercharger and then i ran into a VF engineering supercharger which has 3 different stages. I was just wondering if i could get a few opinions on which you think would be better. Does anyone have a neuspeed supercharger that could give me some info on how you like it and how its compared to it being stock motor. I also was considering an engine swap to 1.8T from Bahn Brenner the engine is like 3800$ About the neuspeed supercharger how much psi does it give out...and whats the est hp added to a stock 2.0 engine? Thanks would be great any kinda answers given or any ideas.

[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: vdubguy18 ]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wouldn't it be cheaper/more reliable to sell the 2.0 and get a 1.8T or a VR6? Then you can chip it and have tons o' power. Though I've heard the 20's hold up to boost really well...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdubguy18:
Hi, Ive currently got a mk4 golf 2.0 and im sick of its lack of power. I was considering the Neuspeed supercharger and then i ran into a VF engineering supercharger which has 3 different stages. I was just wondering if i could get a few opinions on which you think would be better. Does anyone have a neuspeed supercharger that could give me some info on how you like it and how its compared to it being stock motor. I also was considering an engine swap to 1.8T from Bahn Brenner the engine is like 3800$ About the neuspeed supercharger how much psi does it give out...and whats the est hp added to a stock 2.0 engine? Thanks would be great any kinda answers given or any ideas.

[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: vdubguy18 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sport Compact Car dyno tested the Neuspeed SC and it only put down 135hp to the wheels. I would think that if you are going the FI route, you would be better off going with a ATP stage 1 turbo kit. Probably about the same amount of $$$ and a buddy of mine in Harrisburg just did one and he is puttind down around 160hp. Much more bang for the buck in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i feel your pain - i got the same problem. i've heard that the neuspeed superchargers aren't that great. i'm personally thinking of doing my own turbo job. you sould look into it, it can be much cheaper, more powerful and easier on you car (if you put in boost control). i still need to figure some stuff out (like what turbo to use), but i'll keep you posted if you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input fellahs. Im considering the ATP stage 1 kit. Although im considering doing my own as well. Now if I were to do the ATP kit do you suggest doing any internal engine upgrades as far as forged pistons, camshaft, lightened pulleys, ect? Any ideas on a good camshaft... neuspeeds 256? or the TT 260? or possibly even a 266? Or do you think the stock engine itself can handle the boost ect? I heard the blocks will stand up well to the boost its the pistons that cant handle alot of it, any input? You said your buddy did the stage 1 ATP kit can you tell me if he has it done to a completely stock internal engine or what? Thanks again for all the input regarding my question. Also im new to VWF...and Ive gone through most the past posts and you all are great guys/gals and Ive picked up alot from reading some other issues and questions. Thanks yet again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts