VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my car about and inch or so. I was looking at the HR sport springs are they decent or should i go for eibach? Also is it highly recommended to get shocks and springs or will just springs be ok?

I wanted to get a remus exhause since everyone seems to say good stuff about them. Any recommendations where I could get one? I found a company online 1552 but i didn't see any prices. Any suggestions on shops online would be a great help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
As far as your springs question, I would go with the H&R Sports instead of the Eibach's. The H&R's are a tad more aggressive with a slightly higher spring rate. Yes you will want shocks and struts with your springs, otherwise you will be back under there soon replacing them anyway when the bottom out and blow from all the bouncing. They are not valved correctly to handle the higher spring rates of a H&R or Eibach type of suspension. Go with either Bilstein if adjustability doesn't matter with you, or Koni if you like the idea of being able to adjust them.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sleepyhead:
I want to lower my car about and inch or so. I was looking at the HR sport springs are they decent or should i go for eibach? Also is it highly recommended to get shocks and springs or will just springs be ok?

I wanted to get a remus exhause since everyone seems to say good stuff about them. Any recommendations where I could get one? I found a company online 1552 but i didn't see any prices. Any suggestions on shops online would be a great help. Thanks guys.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say either of those choices are fine. The HR is more aggresive, however you mentioned you are only looking for an inch or so in terms of drop. Weitec also makes a decent product for the $$. I am currently using Apex which I have been happy with. My total drop is 1.7". Some days I wish I bought coilovers for a greater drop and more flexibility, but then my commute over back country Amish roads with pot holes the size of my dub bring me back to reality.

In terms of you exhaust I have also heard good things about Remus. Others to check out are Tectonics, Milltek, Forced Motion, GHL, and APR to name a few.

Is your car a VR6 or 1.8T?

·
Registered
125 Posts
YO ESSE, H&R, GREAT CHOICE:

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 00JETTA:
a question i have is how hard is it to install the drop coils??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have never done it before it can be tricky and time consuming. The rear are easy it's the front that are the bitch. Depending if you go with a front sway bar (I did 28mm H&R) you will need to drop your sub-frame. Total install of the suspension took 4 hours that's with 2 pro's and a lift.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
def. get H&R i love mine. as for the remus, its gonna be really expensive, its like 549$ from the AXLE BACK! i think you can get them at www.tuningzubehor.com but they dont really have a web site so you gotta call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts