VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys would be interested in a group buy on suspension???

I havn't really planned it out all the way yet, and I wanted to get feedback before I did. If your interested, please let me know, or just respond back to this thread. I'd like to get an idea of what everyone would want so please include your preference in terms of springs/shocks or coil-overs.

Like I said, this is still in the baby stages, so I can't give you any prices on anything, but let me know and lets see if we can't get something going here!!!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Is it just for springs? Coilovers? I might be interested in just springs. Let me know
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, don't know yet, depends on what everyone wants. What I was initially thinking was just a set of H&R sport springs, but I wasn't sure what everyone else was interested in. IF there is something else you'd like to have then let let me know.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
At some point I want to do springs, but I was planning on a Cup kit or coilovers so that it would be properly matched. If the price is good enough, I could be flexible

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
...but I was planning on a Cup kit or coilovers so that it would be properly matched.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of coilovers were you thinking? I was looking at the Bilsteins PSS or PSS9 but I don't think many people would be interested in spending that kind of money. I would also loooooove to have a set of coilovers, but if I do that, then it puts the APR turbo back exhaust on hold until summer.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: V33dub_GTI ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Here's a ponderous and enigmatic answer for you: I want the cheapest set that isn't crap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeeeellllllll, bilstein PSS's are from $850ish-$1000. I know of one place that has them for $925, plus they make good stuff. Now the PSS9's are about $3-400 more and are exactly the same, they just give you 9 different compression and rebound settings to adjust the ride quality.

This is the part where polls would come in handy (hint hint db
). How many are wanting H&R Sport Springs? If you want something else, let me know.

I need to know what to ask the price on before I ask for prices period.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Too bad I can't join your GB, since I already have springs. Just a little comment:

H&R Rocks. Eibach is sick too.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Too bad I can't join your GB, since I already have springs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, you need new springs, your are crap (even though I don't know what you have)!!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
Oh no, you need new springs, your are crap (even though I don't know what you have)!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows how well you are reading my posts.

I did mention it more then once that I have Neuspeed Sport Lowering Springs. 1.6" initial drop, which settled in at 1.67" final. Best thing is they guarantee no sag. Which you will see on the cheaper APEX springs.

The same springs as the Golf on the Neuspeed site:

NEUSPEED PROJECT CAR GOLF 4

·
Registered
112 Posts
hmm....925 for the coilovers? I'd probably be interested in a cup kit or h&r sports and maybe konis.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
weeee. looks like a whole bunch of H&R sports are gonna be on vwf! i love my H&Rs and recomend them. even though ive had them for 2 days

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Here's a ponderous and enigmatic answer for you: I want the cheapest set that isn't crap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.