VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still canvassing a few tuners for the best prices/products. it's going to be between Weitec, Apex, and MAYBE FK. these are for spring/shock combos (cup kits), NOT coilovers this time around. any interest out there?

[ August 20, 2002: Message edited by: spooled_rave ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
YEAH im interested, keep me updated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all right, here are the details. i settled on the Weitec kit. you have the option of either the GT (spring/shock) or the TX (same with adjustable dampening). the GT has a 3 yr warranty while the TX has a lifetime warranty. we need a total of 12, doesn't matter which combination of kits. price for the GT is 345 down from 399 (not a whole lot) and the TX is 445 down from 599. both kits come with BRAND NEW bump stops (which is why the GT discount is only about 50. either way, great deal on both kits. contact me directly if you're interested. my e-mail is [email protected].

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not doing the H&R because of all the problems reported on MKIVs. Weitec TX is just as good with the same warranty and a better drop, PLUS adjustable dampening.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
whats the drop on the cup kit and how much would i expect from instalation. also, if i were not to do this deal and just get some H&R springs, how much should that cost for instalation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can go 40mm (1.5") or 60mm (2.4"). installation varies from shop to shop. i'm in jersey too and am WAY cheaper so if you need someone to install 'em, hit me up at [email protected]. if you get just springs, you can only do Neuspeed soft sport or H&R's equivilant. about a .5-1" drop. any lower and you'll NEED stiffer shocks. the weitec GT kit is perfect cause everything is included, including the bumpstops. e-mail me if you're interested. most shops charge anywhere from 300 - 400 for front and rear installation. i'll do it for 150. something has to pay for my wedding... may as well be something i enjoy doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
our shop charges $203 with a laser 4 wheel allignment on that car.. We are also insured to work on your car!by the way spooled I Can do those prices on those kits without a group buy if you dont get your 15 kits.They only did 15% for you

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
how many orders did you get for the gt kits? u gettin that group buy to happen? also where are u located in NJ for that 150$ instalation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts