VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is about to hit 70k on the engine and I'm noticing a bit more "Body Roll" than usual. Also the front right of the car seems to be bottoming out... especially over speed bumps. Even when I back out of my garage (concrete drop-off of about 2in. to driveway) I can feel/hear the suspension/struts "crunch". The rear suspension has a much smoother transition and the dampening seems to be working fine.

If I apply the brakes too abruptly, I notice a similar effect to the front suspension/struts. I'm not sure if one is related to the other. I recently replaced all 4 brakes and had my rotors machined, serviced and adjusted.

I'm going to take the car to a mechanic and have them drive it but, before I do, I would like to get a better understand of what the problem might be.

If you think the suspension/struts are the cause of the problem... what price am I looking at?

Thanks in advance! :K:

Joe

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
could be control arm bushing, strut bushings/bearings. have 70k its time to start replacing thing. your struts could be weak as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts