VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Lets talk now about full coilovers.

I'm thinking to get one of those sets for my proyect, the price is a little high for me but looking on ebay found a set for about USD$700.00, I'm planing buy this items sometime after jannuary next year and I wonder if any of you can help me on this.

Also I need new front rotors, so I'm thinking to upgrade to Corrado G60 rotors, will this be a bolt on upgrade, if it is I need front calipers, can't find those in Dominican Rep., any way I found the rotors "driller" for about US$115.

Please let me know so I can keep running my proyect.

PS Golf 2.0 8v 1994

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Sig says you have coilvers?

700$ for coilovers is a lil low. The patec are that cheep but i havent seen anythting good or bad about them. So I'm not sure about qualitty yet. Josh is getting a pair, he will let us know.
What kinda coils did you find on ebay, be very careful of buying used suspension on ebay... Look into KW, H&R, FK, Weitch, Patec, ect
Far as brakes go, I'll let Aaron take that one...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
heres some brakes....because i love whoring them :)

The fronts are 11.3" with the 4-lug pattern. eurospecsport carries the full kit...rotors, calipers, etc.

The rear is just a drum-disc conversion also from www.eurospecsport.com Everything included.

As far as the coilovers, I have H&Rs and I love them. www.parts4vws.com stocks them for a good price. $1100 or so for the basic ones. Keep in mind that sometimes you get what you pay for. What is the brand off eBay?

Anything else, you let us know. :K:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folks.

About coilovers, as you can read on my signature I have the springs, just like this;

This is the item that I found on ebay and what I want;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7939882353&category=33586

About brakes, my car have disc on 4 wheels but I want upgrades the front, my car have 256x20 front rotors and I'm thinking upgrade to Corrado G60 front rotor 280x22. I have the rotors, they are like this;

What I need now is caliper for it, can any of you help me on this???

And what about suspensions???

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!

I would watch out for things like that. Plus, my H&Rs came with two wrenches to lower it. Stick to an online store for guarantees and whatnot.

As for the calipers, junkyard? Vortex classifieds?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
No name coilovers and no name rotors.... The 2 parts of the that you REALLY don't want to cut corners on....

I've said it before, I'll say it again....

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts