VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 1998 2.0 jetta with 77,ooo miles on her what are the suggested suspension upgrades/matinance for my dub. and also i live in minnesota so it has to be able to take the 8 shity months that mother nature gives us. thanks for you help ......vdubin for life

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i would get some uprated struts ie... tokico or koni and pair the to h&r sport springs or the neuspeed softsport springs. these springs will lower the car less than 1 inch so the drivability in you 8 months of hell will not be bothered. the car will look alittle more aggressive but not like when an a3 is slammed!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
H&R sports drop 1.2/1.4" and lower with upgraded struts. If you need to raise the car back up for those inclimate mounths, coilovers would be ur best bet.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
h&r oe sport springs front .75 rear .30
or h&r stg1 springs. would be like an inch or a little more in front and about 1" even in rear.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> H&R Sport Springs MK3 Golf/Jetta 7/96-99. 54748. Front Drop: 1.4" Rear Drop: 1.3". Approximately 25-30% stiffer than stock springs. Your vehicle will demonstrate improved handling, better performance, and enhanced style without sacrificing a comfortable ride. Made in Germany.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Straight from performance-Cafe

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
It is highly suggested you replace the strut bearings while you have it apart.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Go get it aligned at an alignment shop. Stress bars don't move anything, they just keep stuff where it is.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
H&R Sport Springs MK3 Golf/Jetta 7/96-99. 54748. Front Drop: 1.4" Rear Drop: 1.3". Approximately 25-30% stiffer than stock springs. Your vehicle will demonstrate improved handling, better performance, and enhanced style without sacrificing a comfortable ride. Made in Germany.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Straight from performance-Cafe
get the rpi catalog.... your drop quotes are correct but they are for the stg 2 springs.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I was about to ask a question about bearings, but this seems like a topic to ask in. I replaced my springs and struts, but didnt change bearings or anything else and havent put on any strut bars. Now my camber seems to be off by a decent amount. Is it true that when you lower the car with shorter springs and struts you should get strut bars? What is the best way to set the camber to the orighinal/best set up for a car lowered 2.4 in the front and 1.9 in the back???? THanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
I was about to ask a question about bearings, but this seems like a topic to ask in. I replaced my springs and struts, but didnt change bearings or anything else and havent put on any strut bars. Now my camber seems to be off by a decent amount. Is it true that when you lower the car with shorter springs and struts you should get strut bars? What is the best way to set the camber to the orighinal/best set up for a car lowered 2.4 in the front and 1.9 in the back???? THanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

alignment and H&R camber adjustment bolt(kit).. not quite sure where to get it though if anyone can help w/ that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts