VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im think im going to buy a set of eibach springs they lower the car 1.25 to 1.5 inches. if i get these can i use my stock struts or do i need to change them to aftermarket. when i asked the guy if they would fit on my 79 rabbit he said that you should check that the spring perch sheetmetal is the same. You may need to buy a new perch from a 83 rabbit to get it to fit.
are the spring perches the same?
heres what im lookin at http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1248163

[ February 29, 2004: Message edited by: 79_rabbit ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
If your stock struts are worn I'd suggest replacing them just because.

The upper spring perches in your car wont work with those springs. 81 and later Rabbits and all later MK1s will have the perches you want.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who makes a good spring that would fit my car and what strut do u suggest i use i only want to lower the car about 1.25 to 2.0 inches at the most.

[ March 01, 2004: Message edited by: 79_rabbit ]

[ March 02, 2004: Message edited by: 79_rabbit ]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i only really want to spend 300 is it still possiby. i've also seen these cup kits what is the difference between a cup kit and just aftermarket springs and struts.

[ March 02, 2004: Message edited by: 79_rabbit ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
cup kits are matched springs and struts. The struts sometimes aren't as well tuned as.. say.. a set of bilsteins. But bilsteins are $125 a corner.

Springs are almost always under $200 by themselves, it's the struts that hurt you. Look into Weitec suspension kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts